MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Transport Shift Manager to work on a permanent basis for our Logistics Client. This role is based in Perth and reports into the Regional Manager.
Job Requirements for Transport Shift Manager based in Perth:
- Manage the overall operation of your base(s) to meet profit targets within a devolved P&L account.
- Understand the business’ contract to lead on performance and contract management of depots.
- Understand key profit drivers and direct all efforts to ensuring a profitable return from the depots.
- Understand the operation, the planning process and all other business system processes and ensure consistent application of the company’s SOP’s.
- Achieve service standards as stipulated in the contract.
- Manage, motivate, and lead depot employees to maximise their performance, productivity and engagement. Encourage team to constantly strive for higher standards to deliver the contract expectations, contract KPI’s and overall performance objectives.
- Foster a proactive employee relations and engagement culture, including where applicable relationships with recognised trade unions.
- Evaluate and monitor the delivery of services to maintain health & safety of employees, those in our care and other agencies at our locations.
- Ensure all employees working in your area of responsibility are fully aware of company policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements and policies in relation to fleet management.
- Proactive driving of Compliance standards
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experiences for Transport Shift Manager based in Perth:
- Management knowledge and experience of delivering within cost and profit targets
- Able to positively lead and manage people within a unionised business in a multi-site environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety legislation and able to assess risk and make risk-based decisions
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Proven persuader and influencer
- Personal resilience and desire to deliver a challenging role
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Driving Licence
- Highly confident in challenging the status-quo to positively influence and support achievement of business objectives
- Able to organise self and others and to manage time and concurrent priorities