MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Transport Planner to work on a permanent basis for our Logistics Client. This role is based in North Lanarkshire and reports to the General Manager.
The successful Transport Planner, based in North Lanarkshire will be responsible for managing drivers’ daily activities and ensuring driver teams and warehouse operate effectively and efficiently. They will also monitor and control the cost effectiveness of vehicle routes. The shift pattern for this position will be Tuesday- Saturday for the successful incumbent.
Key Responsibilities for the Transport Planner:
- Provide leadership and supervision of day-to-day transport operation.
- You will also be required to work closely with our customers to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
- Managing and de-briefing drivers.
- Managing the vehicle maintenance and service schedule for the depot vehicles.
- Monitoring Health and Safety and compliance.
- Customer relations and a range of associated administrative duties.
- Answering all queries, both internal and external via email, phone and face to face.
- Assisting in production of KPI’s and daily statistics
- To pre-brief or de-brief, the drivers and review of the plan with them, amending as necessary and dealing with any driver issues.
Key Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrable geographical knowledge and map reading ability.
- Good financial understanding and the ability to calculate the cost effectiveness of devised plans and their impact on the bottom line.
- Prior experience of planning software.
- Experience in management of colleagues e.g., issuing routes to drivers.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent Customer service experience
- Understanding of KPI’s
- Good time management skills
- Proactive approach and the ability to creatively problem solve where needed.
- Wide ranging communication techniques: written and oral, listening, influencing, positive body language and facilitation.
- Taking responsibility and demonstrating commitment
- A good understanding of the Health and Safety requirements
- Experience of managing conflicting priorities in a fast-moving environment and planning and organising skills
- Excellent Decision making
- Confidence in utilising Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)