MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Transport Planner on behalf of our Logistics client. My client is a global leader in their respective field. The Transport Planner is based in Durham and reports into the Group Transport Manager.
My client is a national wholesaler and distributor with a diverse fleet and depots across the UK.
The successful Transport Planner, based in Durham will provide leadership and supervision of the day to day running for all operations. This role is a back shift patter with an 11am start and 7pm finish.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide leadership and supervision of day-to-day transport operation.
- You will also be required to work closely with our customers to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
- Managing and de-briefing drivers.
- Managing the vehicle maintenance and service schedule for the depot vehicles.
- Monitoring Health and Safety and compliance.
- Customer relations and a range of associated administrative duties.
- Answering all queries, both internal and external via email, phone and face to face.
- Assisting in production of KPI’s and daily statistics.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A certificate of professional competence in National/International operations is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in a similar role is vital and you should have a good working knowledge of traffic management systems.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Excellent organisational skills and prioritising workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Working to deadlines.
- Solution driven and Flexible approach to your work.
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
This role is a back shift patter with an 11am start and 7pm finish.