MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Trade Compliance Specialist to work on a permanent basis for our well renowned Engineering client. You will be based in Skelmersdale. The successful Trade Compliance Specialist will directly report into the Logistics Manager
The successful Trade Compliance Specialist will have a key role in ensuring that goods flow as smoothly as possible across borders, from suppliers to production sites and international customers.
Job Duties for the Trade Compliance Specialist:
- Supporting colleagues, customs brokers in daily trade compliance matters.
- You will take ownership for ensuring that trade compliance data is up to date and readily available; included in this is HTS Tariff Classification, County of Origin, Valuation of Exports, Imports and Inward Processing
- As a result of this, you will play a significant role supporting with internal (ISO) audits and external audits with HMRC, ensuring a strong compliance posture.
- Validate origin status on finished goods vehicles for export markets and inbound material
- We want you to bring new ideas and ways of working, helping to drive continuous improvement, on topic such as:
- Duty reduction or cost avoidance
- Maximising FTA
- Duty regimes and accurate classifications to maximise duty opportunities
- Standardising processes across the group, including Agile ways of working
Job Requirements for the Trade Compliance Specialist:
- Driven, curious, and analytical, with some prior experience in a fast-paced trade compliance role.
- You have practical hands-on experience with Customs matters, exposure to customs brokers, executing clearance, managing Special Regimes (inward processing), maximising Free Trade Agreements, tariff classification (GRI), Duty management and incoterms.
- Alongside your core technical abilities, you’ll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, being able to influence and negotiate at all levels.
- Continuous improvement mindset, with strong project management skills to make change happen. A Lean Six Sigma or Project Management qualification would be great.
- Highly IT literate, with intermediate (ideally advanced) Excel skills, as well as exposure to business intelligence/ERP systems