MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a System Support Analyst to work on a permanent basis for our logistics client. This role is based in Cullompton and reports into the Head of Technology.
My client is one of the largest privately owned transport companies in the UK with its diverse fleet and operates on a nationwide scale.
The successful System Support Analyst based in Cullompton will not just technically proficient, but is also great with people, eager to absorb information and able to work closely with our clients’ operational areas to support and enhance their use of our client’s system solutions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for the System Support Analyst:
- Providing highly responsive and authoritative system support to all areas of the business, with a specific focus on the Transport Management and Warehouse Management Systems and associated business processes.
- Owning and resolving incidents of all levels of severity / priority – keeping stakeholders updated, escalating where appropriate and engaging with relevant partners both within the business and with our system vendors.
- Carrying out ‘business as usual’ system configuration changes and fulfilling service requests in line with agreed and documented processes.
- Monitoring overall system health and integrity of data within our systems and taking actions accordingly – including liaising with operational users and business areas to ensure they are using systems effectively, correctly and in line with agreed processes.
- Supporting the testing of new system solutions and processes and owning the transition of those solutions into business-as-usual support status from hypercare.
- Continually gaining knowledge, upskilling and becoming expert in our operational systems and solutions.
- Working with our Power User Group to upskill them in their system knowledge and be a point of contact for them for system-related questions and queries.
- Sharing relevant knowledge with our Service Desk team to enable 1st line resolution of incidents and service requests where possible.
- Providing training of business systems and creating support content for internal and external customers.
- Reviewing trends for incidents and service requests and proactively contributing to the planned roadmap for system changes and improvements.
Qualifications/Experience for System Support Analyst:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of supporting and configuring line-of-business systems/applications in a fast-paced operational environment.
- High-level of technical proficiency, IT aptitude and a general interest in technology, systems and software.
- Critical thinking and analytical mindset to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and able to build a good rapport with people at all levels.
- Full UK Driving Licence as occasional travel will be re
- quired for this role.