MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a ‘hands on’ SHEQ Advisor to work on a permanent basis for our manufacturing client. This role is based in Bury and reports into the SHEQ Manager.
My client is a leading market leading manufacturer and supplier of high-quality products across multiple industries.
The successful SHEQ Advisor, based in Bury, be responsible for ensuring that employees comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to. Working at multiple sites across the network, you will be required to make site visits bi-monthly including site set up locations. This will be to undertake audits and support the Depot Managers with legal compliance working in-line with the companies ISO Management Systems. A full UK driving licence will be required.
- Ensuring health and safety, environmental and quality standards are met across sites, in line with Legal Requirements and the companies internal ISO Management Systems.
- Investigating/recording accidents of Injury, Near Miss, Fire, Environmental & Cases of Ill Health.
- Identifying potential hazards, determining ways of reducing risks and identification of actions that can be taken to lower the risk to a reasonably practicable level.
- Compiling statistics for reports and presentations, ready to be communicated through the weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Monitoring environmental impacts, championing a more sustainable business.
- Undertaking risk assessments, DSE assessments and site audit inspections.
- Developing and writing internal health and safety procedures/docs including safe operating procedures, toolbox talks, safety alerts and one-point lessons, supporting the management team with the implementation of the appropriate safe systems or work.
- Committed in driving the “what good looks like” principle to support with changing the safety and business culture.
- Carrying out site safety inductions and monitoring safety critical training requirements, advising and training staff on best work practices.
- Be an active member of the monthly safety committee and be prepared to chair the meeting when necessary.
- Suggesting improvements to current working processes driving continual improvements
- Liaising with relevant authorities where required.
- Keeping up to date with current health and safety legislation, ensuring continual compliance.
- Undertake and assist with COSHH control across all depot locations
- Experience in a safety related role, preferably construction or manufacturing
- NEBOSH General Certificate or demonstrable experience
- Competence in creating risk assessments
- Accident Investigation
- Can drive to sites throughout the UK
- IOSH member
- Internal auditing certificate to OSHAS 18001, ISO45001 and ISO14001 standard (or equivalent).
- Good knowledge of Environmental Health & Safety management systems, particularly ISO14001 & ISO45001 & ISO9001
- Environmental qualification
- DSE Assessment
- Good knowledge of Environmental & Health & Safety legislation
- Great interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills