MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Senior Supply Manager on behalf of our manufacturing and engineering client. My client is a global leader in their respective field. The Senior Supply Manager is based in Irvine and reports to the Director of Supply Chain.
My client is one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and has been building relationships and partnering with customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years. My client designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of products and aftermarket parts marketed globally.
The successful Senior Supply Manager, based in Irvine, will be responsible for the planning and delivery of all direct purchased products required to maintain the build schedules of all regional Plants. In Irvine, the Senior Supply Manager is also responsible for the effective management of regional working capital ensuring that inventory is managed at the lowest possible levels. The Senior Supply Manager has a key role in leading regional Materials Planning teams to develop improved Supply Chain flows and to create and improve communication links with our supply base and our Plant’s regionally. This role must provide inspirational leadership to support the organisation.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- On-time supply of parts to manufacturing plants
- Drive intelligent, structural change and working improvements, utilizing systems and data.
- Focus on improving functional weaknesses, increased pro-active planning, demand forecasting and planning accuracy.
- Data-driven, analytical solutions and strategic mindset to implement smart solutions to supplier demand signalling.
- Control and improve working capital ownership within the planning group.
- Lead Materials Planning teams, improving communications with supply base
- Strong leadership skills in overseeing Materials Planning teams planning, ordering, and reconciling direct purchased materials required to maintain the PAP build schedules as well as achieving inventory management objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Associates or BS/BA degree in Business with a concentration in Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering or Logistics required, MBA preferred
- 7-10 years with direct supervision, 10+ years of direct Supply Chain or related experience.
- Advanced Negotiation and Problem Resolution Skill (ISM/ CIPS or country-specific equivalent)
- Knowledge gained through a minimum of 2 years working in a supervisory position.
- Formal DFT training and a minimum of 5 years working in a DFT environment.
- Plant operations experience, coupled with product and process knowledge. This must have been gained through a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a materials planning environment.
The successful applicant will be subject to background checks.