MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our Engineering client, who are a global leader in their respective field. Reporting into the Head of Operations, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be based in Polmont. This role features a flexible, hybrid working model with 3 days in the office, and 2 from home.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor, based in Polmont (with flexible working), will join this exciting business and help to provide the cost assurance function on all site spend.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure that the commercial management of Contracts and Contractors (Term and non-Term) is carried out fairly and to the highest ethical standards whilst at all times protecting the Business’s commercial/contractual position and enhancing its reputation.
- Manage the relationship with each Contractor to ensure timely resolution of any variation to maintain good commercial relationships with all Service suppliers.
- Interrogate and manipulate complex monthly spend data to ensure good value is achieved for each Term Contract
- Produce timely Contractor Value-Of-Work-Done (VoWD) and forecasting updates
- Control/approve interim payments to Contractors within approval levels
- Analyse spend data to make recommendations regarding contractual disputes, interfacing with Procurement on claims and contentious variations to ensure the Business only pays what it is due
- Interrogate spend data to track spend by Contractor to Procurement department
- Lead audits of works done to ensure the business is only paying for work done and to the terms of the Contract, as other task requirements permit
- Manage Contract Variations in line with contractual terms ensuring they are clearly documented and understood by both parties and communicated to appropriate teams.
- Preparation of monthly and year-end accruals
- Liaise closely and interface with other teams, in particular;
- Maintenance Management Teams
- Finance and Accounts
Essential skills, knowledge & behaviours
- Expert user SAP or equivalent
- Expert user of Excel
- Graduate Quantity Surveying or similar qualification with 5-10yrs experience
- Contract administration experience in Construction/Manufacturing/ Engineering environment with a proven track record of administering complex and high value Contracts
- Experience of working with a variety of Contracts
- Experience working with NEC3 Contracts
- Able to work and communicate effectively at all levels and possesses strong interpersonal influencing skills
- Able to prepare detailed spend reports and present complex data in easy-to-understand manner
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong negotiation skills