MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Senior Design Engineer to work on a permanent basis for their world-renowned client. This role is based in Dunfermline, Fife and reports into their UK Ops Director.
My client is a global company, with a diverse customer base throughout the world and a market leader within their respective field. Their philosophy and winning approach, which is built around exceptional quality, ground-breaking innovation and unrivalled reliability.
The successful Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for the research and design of a company’s new products and systems. They perform various tasks in an engineering department including drafting blueprints, creating test prototypes, and overseeing the manufacturing process.
- Degree in Design Engineering/Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of structural steel design and associated production techniques with knowledge of welding standards and procedures would be a distinct advantage.
- Several years Design experience in relevant industry.
- Experience in manufacturing drawing generation (3D AutoCad) for a production environment.
- Ensure the highest standards of H&S are maintained across the site
- To develop innovative engineering solutions to meet product development requirements in line with company standards and objectives.
- To promote production engineering and manufacturing solutions and their implementation to improve output and enhance the products.
- Studying design briefs, thinking of possible design solutions
- In-house design and technical support roles for all areas of engineering and production.
- To provide hands-on engineering support with the ability to organise/coordinate staff.
- Assessing the usability, environmental impact and H&S of designs by modifying and retesting them
- Good practical engineering skills with previous working knowledge of MRP systems and specifically BOM’s.
- Proficient in MS office.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- A good team player and be able to demonstrate reliability, flexibility and initiative.
- Previous knowledge of the weighing industry would be an advantage.