My client is a market leader within their respective field and is looking to hire a Senior Buyer, based in Port Glasgow. The Senior Buyer will join the business at an exciting time and will report directly into the Group Procurement Manager.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Buyer, based in Port Glasgow;
- General Purchasing transactional and strategic activities
- Placing purchase orders securing the required lead times, driving quality adherence and pursuing best cost for direct materials and sub-contract services in line with the business demand (MRP requirements)
- Issuing requests for quotation (RFQ’s/RFI’s/RFP’s) with focus on creating competitive tension between potential supplier providing the platform to make informed and sustainable sourcing decisions to support business requirements.
- Identify risks in the supply chain with focus to resolve using supplier development activities or resource activities to support business requirements.
- Expediting / re-scheduling, agreeing delivery plans with suppliers, chasing outstanding items
- Handling PO revision changes
- Proactively address material shortages to strive for MRP adherence and report material availability issues in a timely manner to support operations and planning requirements.
- Ensure On Time Delivery of all items in line with the manufacturing plan.
- Pro-actively seek cost reduction opportunities within the supply chain through negotiation and / or competitive tendering.
- Ensure products / services are ethically sourced and to process.
- Support in developing AVL with local QA and with support of Category Management.
- Demonstrate sourced product is value for money (VFM) where best price is not possible – considering lead times, flexibility and quality.
- Support QA/ENG and drive positive supplier quality performance for material, components and associated documentation / cert requirements.
The successful Senior Buyer, based in Port Glasgow will possess;
- An understanding of the buying/supply chain/purchasing process.
- Previous experience in a buying role within supply chain/purchasing is desirable.
- Previous proven experience undertaking supply chain administration.
- Degree is desirable
- Experience within an engineering or manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of dealing directly with and influencing suppliers including understanding Terms and Conditions of Purchase.
- Experience in a metrics focused environment including weekly and monthly quarterly reporting and analysis.
- Competent level of computer literacy e.g. MS Office Skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint), EFACS.
- Experience of working with and implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques is desirable but not essential