MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Senior 3PL Manager to work on a permanent basis for our well renowned global Engineering client, based in Wigan. You will report directly into the Supply Chain Director and have only a small team of direct reports. You will provide leadership and manage the overall global 3PL operations.
The Senior 3PL Manager will oversee the logistics strategy and logistics supplier selection within the manufacturing and aftermarket business units. The 3PL Senior Manager, based in Wigan will select and performance manage 3rd party logistics partners across the business and will have commercial responsibility for optimising the cost of those services in line with requirements.
The Senior 3PL Manager will ensure delivery of consistent global operating logistics standards to maximise service and optimise cost outcomes, through close coordination with regional supply chain colleagues and multi-sites. This role is a key position within the supply chain structure, responsible for the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across multi-sites and the full logistics estate. It will a meaningful role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change and the supporting framework, to deliver business transformation.
- Develop and maintain overall logistics strategy involving multiple stakeholders across the business.
- Select, negotiate, and contract with qualified 3PL partners
- Build strong relationships with and deliver performance from those partners
- Define and manage the annual budget together with operational users
- Monitor monthly spend vs budget and optimise cost of freight
- Maintain a routing guide including suppliers by site and line.
- Maintain and develop standard freight and duties reporting tool
- To identify and deliver service improvement activity across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- Lead weekly performance/cost meetings seeing opportunities and risks
- To support better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within logistics processes and identification of better ways of working
- Develop and own the logistics strategy, enabling future growth plans and ability to service 3PL service providers
- Creating the global template for 3PL operations in terms of services provided, 3PL responsibilities, systems integrations, reporting of metrics and comparative costs
- Working with UK and global Supply Chain teams to quickly develop and implement tactical plans to improve the operating model
- Management of Supply into 3PL logistics hubs and Inventory Management
We are looking for a senior Logistics professional with the following;
- Experience of developing and implementing a logistics strategy for a global manufacturing and aftermarket parts business
- Significant Supply Chain and Operations / Logistics experience at a senior strategic manager level
- Extensive experience of selecting and performance managing 3rd party logistics providers
- Experience and proven track record in logistics cost optimisation initiatives
- Experience in warehousing/packaging/duty and trade compliance
- Experience managing remote teams and different logistics suppliers globally
- Subject Matter Expert for Freight, Packaging, Storage & Shipping etc
- Strong product / SKU and inventory management experience, including WMS systems, stock management and supplier management
- A good understanding of operational customs and trade compliance requirements
- Excellent commercial negotiation skills
- Capable of driving change
- Effective communicator
- Project Management skills
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, well organised and motivated for high level performance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role.
- Desirable experience in Engineering & Manufacturing environments