MRD are delighted to be supporting our national Logistics client with a Sales Executive role based in Luton. The Sales Executive role will report to the Business Development Manager and will be a key contributor to organisational targets.
My logistics client is looking for a confident and detail-orientated Sales Executive, based in Luton, who can push themselves to meet targets.
- Arranging meetings with existing customers to prospect for new business, resolve queries and develop existing business.
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
- Gathering market and customer information.
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer onside.
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale.
- Acting as a contact between the company and its existing and potential markets.
- Resolve issues associated with poor service or issues arising out of customer’s expectations.
- Through active and regular customer visits maintain good relations with existing customers.
- Ensure a system is in place to handle customer complaints and that effective feedback is given.
- Answer and deal with complaints and queries in an efficient and polite manner.
- In conjunction with the regions (and wider companies) customer services resolve conflict and dispute through sensible and practical solutions.
- Ensure associated management are aware of the issues and in co-operation look for a resolution.
- Aware of differential tariff rates for different services offered.
- Quote prices for movement of loads from standard tariff or pricing matrix.
- Negotiating on price and costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers.
- Aware of different equipment & processes used to communicate with drivers, customers, and company colleagues.
- Aware of documentation associated with the business.
- Ensure CRM is updated with associated customer contact.
- Promote company values and code of conduct in all that you do and to others you come into contact with.
- Adhere to company rules, policies, procedures consistently and encourage others to do the same.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of legislation impacting on your role where required.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and ensure that confidentiality is applied where appropriate.
- Be flexible as required in accordance with the needs of the business.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified to Level 4 in Marketing Executive or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in working with staff at all levels and working in a team-based office environment in a customer-facing and/or sales focused role.
- IT literate in Microsoft Office packages and have the ability to compile, analyse and interpret relevant data.
- Capable of remaining calm under pressure and be able to deal with difficult conversations.