MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Regional Logistics Director (Scotland) on behalf of our market leading 3PL client, based in Bellshill. You will oversee multiple sites in the Scottish region and have full P&L responsibility. If you are an experienced in Transport & Warehousing, with strong leadership skills and a commercial mindset, this may be the perfect for you!
My 3PL client has an ambitious growth strategy and is looking to hire a Regional Logistics Director (Scotland) based in Bellshill to drive continuous business improvement and forge strong customer relationships by delivering the highest levels of customer service. Additionally, you will be expected to actively engage and execute in business development opportunities, drive cost reduction across multiple sites. You will champion and ensure all legislative and regulatory requirements are upheld to the highest standards.
Key responsibilities for the Regional Logistics Director, based in Bellshill include.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and deliver growth opportunities with existing customer base and new customers.
- Network within the industry and relevant sectors to negotiate and build relationships with strategic partners.
- Experience in leading and contribution to complex RFQ’s designing the set-up and proposal including pricing.
- Ensure the company’s values are delivered and acted upon.
- Work closely with senior leadership team to drive the business strategy and operational activity.
- Own and manage the operating budget/ P&L to ensure budgeted financial targets are exceeded.
- Financial acumen and commercial understanding of business drivers and the ability to deliver profitable results.
- Drive operational efficiencies and business growth
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to manage multiple sites and lead a large operational team.
- An engaging and positive leadership style with motivation as a key approach to building excellent teams that work towards common goals.
- Set clear goals and direction for all direct reports and wider operational team to realise and deliver on company ambitions and results.
- Provide a safe working environment for all staff.
- Regularly coach, train and develop career progression opportunities for the wider team.
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills.