MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Quality Engineer on behalf of our engineering and manufacturing client. My client is a global leader in their respective field. The Quality Engineer is based in Greenock and reports to the site Quality Manager.
The successful Quality Engineer, based in Greenock, will be pivotal to the success of new process changes, while improving quality and reliability. They will provide support to maintain quality systems that meet corporate and customer requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Facilitate and champion change management for the site
- Confirm changes meet requirements
- Maintain high level documentation to support changes
- Facilitate and champion CAPA process for the site
- Chair CAR (corrective action/8D) process
- Continue to push for continual improvement
- Manage responses to external customer returns via CAPA and CIP
- 1st line response with external customers
- Provide CIP to support customer returns
- Through change history be able to show continual improvements
- Support customer and internal audits to meet IATF and VDA requirements
- Support lead auditor with internal audit
- Support external audits to IATF/VDA standards
- ISO9001/IATF auditor qualified
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- The successful candidate will be Degree Qualified preferably in Physics/Applied Physics, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Quality Systems or equivalent.
- The candidate must also be an experienced auditor preferably to ISO9001/IATF standards.
- With experience in Quality/Reliability Engineering or Quality Engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of Automotive customer requirements
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in working with external customers and providing technical response.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Understanding of Statistics, process control/Capability
- Be able to demonstrate strong data and statistical analysis skills with Knowledge and experience of statistical packages
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Excellent ability to collate, analyse and present technical data