MRD Recruitment is delighted to be supporting our Engineering client in recruiting a Quality Engineer. My client is a global leader in their respective field. The Quality Engineer will be based in Paisley and reports into the Engineering Manager.
The successful Quality Engineer, based in Paisley will play an important role in developing new supply sources and supporting project requirements, providing technical support during start-up activities and inspection support on key commodities. The Quality Engineer will help formulate partnerships with suppliers and provide training and support in order to reduce the risks associated with non-conforming supplies.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work in a team environment as a key resource for the project and procurement teams to develop new supply sources and on-board new suppliers
- Develop and manage relationships with manufacturers, suppliers & sub-contractors. Responsibilities will include cross-functional internal stakeholders supporting issues with current production, developing new suppliers to support cost reduction, increasing capacity, and ensuring process conformance
- Manage the customer-specific requirements and offer technical support. Work closely with QA department to understand the project and product need, as well as providing incoming witness and inspection support at suppliers and develop sub-inspection resource to support global supply inspection requirements.
- Develop and manage relationships with manufacturers, supplies & sub-contractors establishing key contacts to support expediting, inspection and escalation
- Support Expediting and Inspection needs to deliver product to good quality and on time.
- Manage and schedule visits to suppliers to support the on boarding to commodity requirements.
- Build sub-Inspection resource around the global footprint who can facilitate inspections at supplier sites for witness or expediting requirements.
- Assess new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfilment ensuring suppliers are able to meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery of components and requirements
- Based on screening, prioritise preferred suppliers and Support Lead Supplier Quality Engineer to Drive improvements utilising Lean methodologies, supplier scorecards and own supplier audit, ensuring supplier compliance, whilst driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver value
- Track the supplier’s performance indicators, based on their scorecards and rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base’s ability to consistently meet or exceed defined
- Deliver results as measured by key metrics, such as supplier defect rate, supplier quality plan engagement/effectiveness, and corrective & preventative action closure
- Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers and the supply chain with regard to product development and procurement of parts
- Work with Project team engineers to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality
- Provide technical expertise in solving technical problems associated with product supply and test facilities
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Experience in Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and program management
- Knowledge of quality and business systems
- Vast experience with cross-functional management
- Report and Procedure writing with excellent presentation skills
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Understanding manufacturing processes
- Understanding of quality inspection and witness activities
- Planning and prioritising activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and influential skills
- Ability to present data effectively Desirable skills, knowledge & behaviours
- Customer Service or Project Management experience
- Commitment to the development of a continuous improvement culture