MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Procurement Team Lead on behalf of our Engineering client. My client is a global leader in their respective field. This Procurement Team Lead is based in Paisley and reports to the Sourcing Manager.
The successful Procurement Team Lead, based in Paisley will be responsible for the management of the Project Buyers and Logistics team executing Engineered Projects.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for Procurement Team Lead, based in Paisley:
- Part of the project team for Engineered Project major contracts, work in close relationship with the project manager and other project team members to ensure the project delivery in all aspects, spec-compliant delivery on-time delivery within budget. Negotiation of contract terms & conditions.
- Review all purchase orders, ensuring they are placed with “approved suppliers” and achieve the best possible commercial terms on costs, progress payments and payment terms while ensuring the full scope of supply is in accordance with the contractual requirements.
- Responsible for the Procurement approval of new supplier on-boarding, reviewing documentation, terms and conditions.
- Take ownership of projects, leading the buying including Supplier selection, negotiation and execution.
- Represent the Procurement team in Daily Management meetings and Corrective Action meetings.
- Drive performance against and report on KPI’s including On-Time Delivery, Cost Savings, Low-Cost Countries and Payment Terms.
- Assist Sales & Proposals in the preparation of budget costs and delivery lead times on new project bids (Advanced Procurement Process).
- Comply with all Health & Safety guidelines and promote a safe working environment for the company’s employees, clients and suppliers.
- Measure the performance of and develop existing suppliers to deliver continuous improvement by employing best practice to achieve cost reduction and improved quality and delivery performance.
- The duties specified in this job description are not exhaustive and the successful candidate may also be required to carry out other duties that may prove necessary for the proper performance of the business.
Essential Skills for Procurement Team Lead, based in Paisley:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- MCIPS or working towards
- Familiar with ISO9001; 2015 Quality Systems