MRD Recruitment is hiring a Procurement Category Manager for my manufacturing client based in Mauchline. My client offers a hybrid working model and is passionate about flexible working. The Procurement Category Manager will report directly into their Head of Procurement. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, customer and people centric Procurement Category Manager to join an energetic team and provide leadership and ensure operational excellence. My client offers a hybrid working model and is passionate about flexible working.
As Procurement Category Manager based in Mauchline, you will play a crucial role in development and implementation of category strategies. My manufacturing client, based in Mauchline is looking for a dynamic Procurement Category Manager, who is passionate about procurement and can create and implement new processes. My client offers a hybrid working model and is passionate about flexible working.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of category strategies, ensuring they meet the needs of key stakeholders.
- Source, select and negotiate a supply base within areas of responsibility to meet current and future business requirements.
- Set budgets and demonstrate cost management, via trend analysis.
- Negotiate and implement Supplier Service Level Agreements to deliver best advantage to the Supply Chain.
- Lead cross functional teams during tender activities to achieve required result within quality, cost and lead time targets.
- Manage supplier performance in collaboration with internal stakeholders to ensure business needs are being met.
- Identify cost reduction initiatives and support implementation.
- Support delivery of Marketing and NPD projects
- To deliver the financial budgets for procurement for the business.
- Spend analysis – collecting spend data; cleansing the data; categorising the data; analysing it for the purpose of understanding spending trends and identifying saving opportunities.
- Undertake tender and price benchmarking activity.
- To identify and follow through on the value engineering opportunities in line with agreed annual and pipeline targets.
- To demonstrate total cost control via analysis and report PPV discrepancies monthly identifying root cause and tracking trends.
- Develop and maintain cost basket tracking methodology.
- Weekly invoice review and approval.
- Lead supplier quarterly business reviews (QBRs)
- Develop and deliver supplier improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Supplier Performance Management
- Liaise with key stakeholders to further develop SLAs to deliver best value to LLG.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- 3-5 year’s experience in a procurement role ideally within FMCG industry or a fast paced environment
- Ability to quickly develop meaningful stakeholder/supplier relationships.
- Proficiency with systems, including MS Office suite in particular MS Excel and knowledge of MRP systems.
- Highly process and compliance focused.
- Ability to create and implement new processes.
- Proficient problem solver who can see problems in the future and course correct to avoid them.
- Highly refined communication skills to enable stakeholder management across all levels of the business.
- A self-starter with high levels of energy, tenacity and “can do” attitude.