MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Process Engineer on behalf of our manufacturing client. My client is a global leader in their respective field. The Process Engineer is based in Greenock and reports into the Engineering Manager.
My client is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality electronic applications to several different markets such as computers, automotive, electronics and more.
The successful Process Engineer, based in Greenock, will join the team responsible for the silicon wafer fabrication processes, tools and techniques involved in the manufacture of a growing family of semiconductor products on worldwide markets. The Process Engineer will develop, implement, sustain, and improve the semiconductor processes. Identifying and implementing new process and metrology tools, working closely with our process and product development teams to ensure the continued growth and success of our product portfolio.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop, maintain, and support wafer fabrication processes, focusing on Process capability, Quality and Electrical yield.
- Develop and execute auditable instructions and procedures that enable manufacturing performance to target, process control, measurement, repeatability and ensure health & safety procedural compliance.
- Improve process, procedure or operator function through robust structured techniques to show benefits in product efficiency and quality.
- Support the implementation of new process and manufacturing techniques, ensuring process performance aligns with both designs for manufacturability and output expectations.
- The transfer and production implementation of new processes from development to production status as robust, capable, stable and high yielding processes.
- Support all manufacturing activities and ensure that all quality, customer and safety requirements are exceeded.
- Report against targets and goals to highlight issues and/or improvement opportunities.
- Leading or participating in cross-functional and facility quality teams and work group activities with a view to optimizing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Reporting against targets and goals to highlight issues and/or improvement opportunities.
- Be a party to influencing attitudes and behaviours to ensure Process Engineering achieve the required standards.
- Participate in cross-functional teams on Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Support any changes for Data collection
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- The successful candidate will have a BSc Degree (First or 2:1) or higher in Physics/Applied Physics, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills with good experience of all Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Be able to demonstrate basic leadership qualities