MRD Recruitment is actively looking for an Operations Supervisor to work on a permanent basis for our Logistics Client. This role is based in Bellshill and reports into the Logistics General Manager.
The successful Operations Supervisor, based in Bellshill, will be responsible for overseeing operational delivery on a daily basis and will have line management responsibilities for a small team.
**Please note, this position is on a rotating weekly shift pattern, between 5am-1pm and 1pm-9pm.**
- Responsibility and oversight of the day-to-day running of the Logistics Centre, retaining a detailed understanding of what is going on within the operations at all times;
- Oversee consistent delivery of all KPI’s;
- Daily analysis and detailed feedback of performance;
- Ensuring a visible culture of continuous improvement;
- Ensure a significant level of employee engagement is taking place, including regular feedback, 1:1s and team meetings;
- Provide assurance on the management of sickness and absence, ensuring that all relevant documentation is fully completed;
- Manage the staff rota and ensure the required levels of resilience at all times;
- Plan weekend resources to deliver all services;
- Liaise regularly and build relationships with stakeholders;
- Take a proactive approach to leading, managing and coaching your team with the aim of developing their general operational skills and encouraging continuous improvement;
- Immediate escalation and flagging of any significant operational issues to the General Manager or Duty Manager;
- Operational management experience
- Experience of creating a high-performing team culture
- Familiar with a high-pace, target-driven working environment
- Experience of working within a short lead-time environment
- The ability to drive change and operational improvement within a diverse business.
- Confident in challenging the status-quo.
- Ability to receive both positive and negative feedback and provide a balanced response.
- Fully competent in the use of management information tools and has the ability to present data in an appropriate fashion.
- Understands how to manage the workflow of a team and deliver outputs continually and consistently.
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Excellent analytical, organisation and planning skills.
- Well-developed communication skills
- People management and leadership skills.
- Ability to operate at pace.
- Motivated and flexible.