MRD Recruitment is actively looking for an Operations Manager to work on a permanent basis for our Logistics Client. This role is based in Bellshill and reports into the Head of Logistics. This will be a backshift Mon-Friday, 2-10pm.
- Embed a high-performing culture within the Logistics Centre.
- On a back shift basis 2-10pm responsibility and oversight of day-to-day running, with a detailed understanding of the operations at all times.
- Oversee consistent delivery of all KPI’s
- Daily analysis of performance and detailed feedback on both successful or unsuccessful routing and scheduling given to the planning team.
- Ensure a significant level of employee engagement and performance management is taking place, including regular feedback, 1:1s and team meetings.
- Provide assurance on the management of sickness and absence of all team members, ensuring that all relevant documentation is fully completed.
- Ensure efficient and effective levels of service across Scotland.
- Provide concise, accurate information to colleagues and staff.
- Liaise regularly and build relationships with a series of internal and external stakeholders.
- Take a proactive approach to leading, managing and coaching with the aim of developing general operational skills and encouraging continuous improvement.
- Immediate escalation and flagging of any significant operational issues to Head of Logistics
KEY EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Operational management experience in a call centre environment.
- Understanding of how to create a high performing team.
- Familiar with a high-pace, target-driven working environment.
- Significant experience of working within a short lead-time environment.
- The ability to drive change and operational improvement within a diverse business.
- Confident in challenging the status-quo.
- Ability to receive both positive and negative feedback and provide a balanced response.
- Fully competent in the use of management information tools and can present data in an appropriate fashion.
- Understands how to manage the workflow of a team and deliver outputs continually and consistently.