**Are you an Operations Manager in the Yorkshire Area that has experience in European Export and Road Freight?**
We are recruiting for an Operations Manager, based in Bradford, within a leading global transport, logistics and freight forwarding company. My client is privately owned and very successful.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful Operations Manager will be a self-motivated individual with good customer service experience, and an understanding of the European Export Markets within a Freight Forwarding environment.
- Manage and oversee daily operations of the European Export Department, ensuring efficient and effective performance
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures to optimise productivity and customer satisfaction
- Building and developing relationships with our customers and oversea partners
- Build and promote relationships with suppliers to be able to negotiate new rates
- Monitor and analyse key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive operational excellence and achieve business objectives
- Manage and motivate a team of employees, providing coaching and guidance as needed
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and process improvements
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide feedback to team members
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and identify any training requirements to develop the team
- Must live in the Yorkshire area and be able to commute to Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Must have Freight Forwarding experience and an understanding of European Export
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a team
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions
- Proven experience in process improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software applications
- We are looking for a skilled people manager and visible change leader who can create a sense of urgency, however, with a positive spirit and an ability to engage and motivate.
- Positive and with strong motivation for people and customers.
- Pragmatic and hands-on with a strong operational focus.
- Structured with ability to prioritise.
- Creative personality.
- Action and result oriented.
My client is offering a very attractive salary & wider benefits package