MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an On-Site Logistics Manager on behalf of our well-renowned, market-leading logistics client. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the On-Site Logistics Manager will be based just outside of Altrincham.
The successful On-Site Logistics Manager will hold accountabilities for all active areas of operation and customer relationships within the defined account area. The successful On-Site Logistics Manager will champion the company.
The successful On-Site Logistics Manager, based just outside of Altrincham will be responsible for the safety and welfare of the customer-focused operations operated within the account. Ensuring that the company operate within the relevant legislative frameworks at all time and are legally compliant for both vehicle operations and HSE legislation. They will also have direct line responsibility for all activity that is undertaken both on customer premises and also on road activity – including execution (Transport activity), on site activity and customer service.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Budget responsibility
- Headcount of circa 60 FTE
- Ensure safety is number 1 priority
- Build and ensure relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide world class service
- Ensure shunting operation is optimized and costs are controlled and reported
- Manage consumables and minimize expenditure
- Champion the safety, compliance and CSR agenda for all owned sites
- Set budget levels for accounts in own area of responsibility
- Ensure adherence and compliance to agreed customer KPI levels and signed off budget levels
- Create a strategy for delivery of specific corporate initiatives / goals as determined
- Work with Key Account Management function to deliver specific account goals such as Joint Business plan, POSI, account strategy for growth
- Champion Continuous improvement and ensure active programme
- Ensure relevant and timely KPI suites are in place
- Monitor and ensure adherence to contractual obligations
- Complete regular 1 to 1’s with line reports
- Deputise for Head of Operations as needed
- Build a strong business partnering role with Account Management, Heads of Transport and General Managers in order to develop a constantly improving service and enhance business profitability.
- Seek to challenge the Operations team to achieve margin improvement. Understand the contract profit drivers, review and evaluate divisional margin improvement initiatives.
- Develop excellent relationships with key customer stakeholders in order to play an active role in discussions regarding business retention, account management and commercial negotiations.
- Play a key role within the senior team
- Maintain clear lines of communication with the operational and Functional leads
- Set clear goals and targets for direct reports through the PDR process, recognise good performance and professionally manage poor performance.
- Develop succession plans for key roles. Seek opportunities for self-development.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- IT literate
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety legislation (IOSHH / NEBOSH preferable)
- Commercial understanding
- Experienced Logistics professional, graduate or with relevant qualifications who will have previously operated at a senior level and preferably have managed a multi-site region
- Demonstrable experience of customer relationship management
- Proven capability of leading a function through significant change
- Experience of driving efficiency savings and business growth
- Good financial and business acumen with experience of managing budgets
- Good project management skills
- Excellent people management skills – driving accountability and delivering results through teams
- CPC Qualified
- Frequent travel required
Technical skills and behavioural competencies
- Team Player
- Customer Focused
- Planning and organising
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Problem solving and decision making
- Continually improving
- Leading and engaging people
- Lateral thinker
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to prioritise
- Able to develop relationships with others (both internal and external)
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- People management skills
- Self-starter who works on their own initiative