We are recruiting for an Ocean Freight Manager within an international freight forwarding company. My client is privately owned and very successful. Their head office is in Bradford with further locations across the UK.
My client is a leading global transport, logistics and freight forwarding company, who are looking for an Ocean Freight Manager, to assume overall responsibility for managing an existing and very successful department with a strong focus on both LCL & FCL movements from the Far East. This business unit has a very healthy and strong performing turnover from the Far East market alone and is a senior role within an established, private & financially stable company.
As Ocean Freight Manager, you will be reporting directly into the Managing Director, based in Bradford and be part of their Senior Management team. Whilst the company directors are fully committed to supporting the development of their world-wide forwarding activity, there will also be an element of autonomy for the successful candidate to make this role your own and thrive.
As Ocean Freight Manager, you must be able to work closely with other countries and partners to deliver on the company objectives. For this pivotal role, you must have a minimum of 5 years leadership experience and be a driven, commercially minded operations manager who will take responsibility of the UK ocean import product & profitability. My client is looking for the following professional skills:
- A proven and successful background within the Freight Forwarding industry at a management level
- Customs/HMRC procedural experience
- Network within the industry and relevant fields, as well as experience of negotiation with partners
- Financial acumen and understanding of business drivers and ability to deliver profitable results.
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Able to set directions, priorities and goals; able to secure plans and organisation in order to realise and deliver ambitions and results.
- Engaged leadership with motivation as a key word, building efficient teams that work towards common goals.
- Strong organisation skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, and to establish own work schedule.
- Business driven, well-structured and target oriented.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
Apart from your professional skills, we are putting strong emphasis on your personal profile. We are looking for a skilled people manager and visible change leader who can create a sense of urgency, however, with a positive spirit and an ability to engage and motivate. Focus is on the following personal traits:
- Positive and with strong motivation for people and customers.
- Pragmatic and hands-on with a strong operational focus.
- Structured with ability to prioritise.
- Creative personality.
- Action and result oriented.
My client is offering a very attractive salary & wider benefits package