MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Mechanical Building Services Engineer on behalf of our global manufacturing client, based in Greenock. My client is a global leader in their respective field of high-quality electronic devices. My client manufacture and supply parts and devices which serve multiple markets such as computers, automotive, electronics and much more.
The Mechanical Building Services Engineer will be based in Greenock and will be reporting into the Facilities Engineer Manager. The successful candidate will assist in the operation of the site’s mechanical infrastructure to ensure reliable and cost-efficient delivery of services to support all site activities.
The successful incumbent will become the system owner for various mechanical building services systems on site and will be expected to be involved in all aspects of the sites day to day activities, including, but not limited to; plant/system analysis, design review, problem solving, specification/procedure preparation and project management.
The Mechanical Building Services Engineer will be responsible for site drawing control, updates and developing layout drawings for new equipment installations and system modifications.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Working knowledge of most of the following systems; supply air systems, ventilation & air conditioning plant, extract/local exhaust ventilation systems.
- Further knowledge/experience of cleanrooms: refrigeration; steam / hot water generation and distribution; pumped water systems; compressed air & vacuum systems, would be a distinct advantage.
- Awareness of standards & best practices with respect to mechanical building services.
- Ability to understand and digest engineering drawings, design specifications and technical literature.
- Competent in use of Autocad for the production / modification of CAD drawings and overall management of the site drawing portfolio (layouts, schematics, construction drawings… etc)
- Knowledge of energy monitoring and targeting techniques and developing energy saving opportunities on typical building services plant and equipment would be a distinct advantage
- A basic operational understanding of Building Management Systems
- Computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across a variety of levels and disciplines.
- Ability to identify priorities and manage multiple activities.
- Work well in a close-knit team environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision and guidance on a range of site works and small to medium projects.
You will receive day-to-day guidance / development from the Facilities Engineering Manager as required.
Ideally you will have a good degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering however, applicants with an HNC / HND and demonstrable experience will also be considered.
Competency in use of Autocad required, however some on the job and external training will be provided as required to ensure competency in owning the sites drawings and draughting requirements.