MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Materials Planner on behalf of our Manufacturing client, who has experienced impressive growth in recent years. My client is a market leader within their respective field. This role will be based in Toomebridge, Northern Ireland.
The successful Materials Planner will be responsible for the Quality, Cost and Delivery performance of designated suppliers, ensuring procured products and services are supplied on time and available to support company requirements whilst ensuring inventory levels of such parts adhere to company policies.
They will manage the supply of parts/services, including the raising and management of all purchase documents within the ERP or other Procurement systems where designated, ensuring adherence to production requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Supplier Relationships: Where designated responsible for leading and coordinating supplier relationships and strategy(s) within the designated external supply chain (sources of supply as defined via Category Strategies). Where designated, will lead specific supplier relationships fulfilling the accountabilities of the Procurement Managers and Category Buyers. Responsible for assessing and managing risks of supply for designated suppliers via a risk management approach.
- Cost Management: Ensure inventory levels of procured products supplied by designated suppliers adhere to company policy, ensuring relevant data within the ERP and other relevant procurement systems are maintained to efficiently support such levels. Where designated, responsible for the resolution of cost issues, consulting with Procurement Managers and agrees countermeasure (s).
- Delivery: Where designated, responsible for the delivery performance of suppliers to support company requirements. Consults with Procurement Managers if required and agrees countermeasures where supplier performance falls below acceptable standards and parts are provided across multiple category(s).
- Quality: Where designated, responsible for the quality performance of suppliers. Consults with relevant Procurement and Quality personnel and agrees countermeasures where supplier performance falls below acceptable standards. Manages the replenishment process of products returned to the supplier due to non-quality events.
- Processes and Procedures: Accountable and responsible for ensuring adherence whilst continually improving the company’s processes and procedures, maintaining procurement systems to ensure associated KPI’s are met and ensuring records are maintained in line with company and regulatory requirements. Manage delivery of business plans compliant with all regulatory and environmental frameworks.
- Code of Ethics: Ensure compliance with the company global code of ethics.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- A Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a material planning, inventory management or purchasing-related position, preferably in a manufacturing industry
- Attention to detail to ensure all your material planning is right first time and on time
- Has a proven track record in delivering results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a high drive and ability to sort out issues and identify root causes
- Must be a good team player and be able to provide accurate data with a high level of detail along with the ability to communicate to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft office and experience in MRP/ERP systems
- Understands inventory management technique