MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Material Planner to work on a 12-month FTC for our very successful Engineering client. This role is based in Irvine and reports into the Supply Manager
With over 90 years of experience my client is a leading, globally integrated engineering company with over 20 sites in 12 countries.
The successful Material Planner based in Irvine will provide suppliers with accurate scheduled orders and forecast requirements to meet production needs to coordinate the delivery of materials from suppliers and to control and reduce inventory levels and identify new areas of inventory reduction.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Issuing purchase orders and shipping schedules to the supplier via SAP
- Ensuring parts are shipped/delivered on time
- Processing all special project requirements
- Recover costs from supplier due to quality issues
- Assist in resolving discrepancies
- Liaising with all areas of Supply Chain, Suppliers, Manufacture Plants and Engineers to ensure new parts are source, ordered and shipped
- Generation of reports and purchasing administration
- Education to HND/Degree level in a Business Administration, Supply Chain or related discipline preferred or at least three years previous experience in an administrative role.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks with accuracy to meet strict deadlines.
- Proven experience, working in a material planning environment with an understanding of MRP, managing working capital and DFT methodologies. Proven experience in a customer facing role with the ability to resolve daily queries and escalate as appropriate.
- Excellent PC/Microsoft Office and or Systems skills.