MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Maintenance & Reliability Manager on behalf of our global manufacturing client, based in Greenock. My client is a global leader in their respective field of high-quality electronic devices. My client manufacture and supply parts and devices which serve multiple markets such as computers, automotive, electronics and much more.
The Maintenance & Reliability Manager will be based in Greenock and will be reporting into the Facilities Manager Manager to provide maintenance support to the site Facilities team.
The Maintenance & Reliability Manager will assist in the operation of the site’s facilities infrastructure to ensure safe, reliable, and cost-efficient delivery of services to support all site activities. Further key responsibilities include;
- Manage all aspects of the Facilities Operations and Maintenance for site, which includes mechanical, electrical, controls and speciality gas and chemical systems.
- Lead System Maintenance Mechanics, Technicians and contractors in both strategic and tactical activities.
- Develop and implement programs targeted to improve safety, reliability and cost.
- Strong advocate of team involvement as it pertains to system performance i.e. involve facilities technicians, maintenance technicians and operators in day to day operational and performance process.
- Organise a flexible team to best meet changing demands and expectations for production.
- Provide leadership and resources for the Operations and Maintenance Team to allow team members to accomplish team goals.
- Establish and maintain expense maintenance budget.
- Seek ways to reduce cost while improving safety and reliability.
- Research and evaluate latest industry trends and implement and share best practices in maintenance execution
- Drive improvements in Preventive, Predictive & Condition-based maintenance programs.
- Appraise individual and team performance measured against established performance expectations, objectives and team priorities and define methods for improvement and individual career development.
- Help identify improvements and drive use of information systems that increase efficiency and effectiveness of the maintenance team and maintenance tasks
- Update and maintain Standard Operation Procedures and Work Instructions.
- At least a working knowledge of most of the following systems; supply air systems, ventilation & air conditioning plant, extract/local exhaust ventilation systems and pumped water systems.
- Further knowledge/experience of cleanrooms, building management systems (BMS), gas and chemical delivery would desirable but not necessary as training in these areas will be provided.
- Ability to understand and digest engineering drawings, design specifications and technical literature.
- Computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across a variety of levels and disciplines.
- Ability to identify priorities and manage multiple activities.
You will receive day-to-day guidance / development from the Facilities Manager as required.
Ideally you will have a degree in Engineering however, applicants with an HNC / HND and demonstrable experience will also be considered.
Understanding of maintenance principles and practices including Preventive, Predictive & Condition-Based Monitoring
Computer Maintenance Management Systems use and permit to work systems.