MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Logistics Site Manager based in Bellshill. My 3PL client is a market leader within their respective field. The Logistics Site Manager will be based at the Bellshill site and the position will involve providing leadership and operational control of all site activity aswell as contracts, whilst dealing with customer relationships. If you are an experienced in Transport & Warehousing, with strong leadership skills and a commercial mindset, this may be the perfect role for you!
The Logistics Site Manager will drive continuous business improvement and forge strong customer relationships by delivering the highest levels of customer service. Additionally, you will be expected to actively engage and execute in business development opportunities, drive cost reduction. Also, you will champion and ensure all legislative and regulatory requirements are upheld to the highest standards.
The Logistics Site Manager position based in Bellshill involves:
- Lead, manage and motivate the team to ensure that its staff and assets are used effectively to attain maximum performance in terms of commercial contract efficiency, profit and client service levels.
- Develop strategic plans to include continuous improvement with the General Manager and customer/s.
- Ensure customer service exceeds expectations through effective communication and achievement of KPIs.
- Anticipate and manage changes generated by business growth and changing customer requirements.
- Direct resources to ensure services are delivered in line with contractual customer requirements.
- Coordinate operations with other depots or out-based locations to ensure consistency and quality of service is maintained throughout.
- An engaging and positive leadership style with motivation as a key approach to building excellent teams that work towards common goals.
- Set clear goals and direction for all direct reports and wider operational team to realise and deliver on company ambitions and results.
- Regularly coach, train and develop career progression opportunities for the wider team.
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills.
- Ensure processes are in place to exceed the customer’s requirements.
- Demonstrate a positive approach to the operation, identify potential risks and opportunities and act accordingly to protect profit targets.
- Maximise the use of resources within the Contract by using assets efficiently by planning ahead.
- Recommend to the Contracts Manager/ General Manager, continuous improvements in operational requirements as they affect operations.
- All Company Health & Safety policies and rules must be observed and followed
Essential Skills required:
- Previous experience of working within logistics operations.
- Transport and Warehousing experience.
- CPC Holder
- Previous experience of developing strategic and continuous improvement plans.
- Leadership Skills.
- Experience of working and leading in a fast paced environment
- Track record of leading successful change.
- Proven experience in customer relationship management.
- Strong evidence of management skills and making key business decisions.
- Strong influencing skills both internally and externally.
- Capability to advise and motivate team to deliver results for the business.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- IT literate including MS Office. Strong analytic ability in review data and reports.