MRD Recruitment is actively looking for an IT Service Desk Analyst to work on a permanent basis for our logistics client. This role is based in Cullompton and reports into the Head of Technology.
My client is one of the largest privately owned transport companies in the UK with its diverse fleet and operates on a nationwide scale.
The successful IT Service Desk Analyst based in Cullompton will help resolve reported incidents and fulfilling first and second line IT service requests on behalf of users based at multiple sites across the UK.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for the IT Service Desk Analyst:
- Supporting and troubleshooting a wide variety of IT services and systems including line-of business applications across Warehouse Management, Transport Management and Back Office.
- Supporting and deploying a range of IT hardware assets including PCs, Laptops, Mobile Devices, Warehouse Devices, Vehicle Technology and associated peripherals.
- Effectively communicating with users of all levels of seniority and IT proficiency by telephone, email and through our ITSM tool.
- Ensuring that all tickets are logged, prioritised and dealt with in line with agreed SLAs.
- Applying a customer-focused approach; taking ownership of tickets, keeping users informed of progress, understanding the business impact, seeking feedback and always striving to improve.
- Taking part in skills sharing and having a willingness to learn new systems and processes to ensure you can always support the business to the best of your ability.
- Helping to identify trends and working with Technology leadership team to eliminate preventable calls to the Service Desk, dealing with root causes, as well as increasing customer satisfaction.
- Monitoring systems and networks and escalating issues appropriately.
- Collaborating with and supporting other Technology functions to ensure new systems, updates and project deployments are effectively transitioned into the Service Desk for future support.
- Monitoring 3rd party suppliers to ensure they are operating within agreed SLA’s
- Participate in the Technology on-call rota, providing support to the business functions out of hours where required.
- Travel to locations across the UK as necessary.
Qualifications/Experience for IT Service Desk Analyst:
- Exemplary customer service manner, attitude, and approach.
- Demonstrable technical capability and confidence supporting multiple relevant services/systems including MS Windows operating systems, MS Office applications, Active Directory Users/Groups, Office365, Mobile Device Management, Security, Remote Access (SSL VPN) – as well as IT hardware assets.
- Previous experience of working within a 1st/2nd line technical service role highly advantageous.
- Ability to interpret users, understand their issues and the business impact of them.
- Excellent time management and prioritising skills as well as an ability to work as part of a team.
- Due to the occasional travel required with this role, you will need to have a full UK driving licence.