** Are you a Health & Safety Professional, fully or part qualified to carry out Fire Risk Assessments?? **
MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a HSE Advisor to work on a permanent basis for our Logistics Client. This is a field-based role in the Manchester area, which reports to the Head of Health and Safety.
The HSE Advisor will be responsible for leading, reporting on and co-ordinating practices in the areas of Health, Safety and Environment throughout the organisation. They will provide guidance and advice to the business to enable them to minimise and manage risk and to improve service delivery.
The HSE Advisor will assist in driving a culture that never compromises on the health and safety of employees, contractors and partners by ensuring the workforce is fully engaged in understanding their responsibilities and empowered to take action when required.
- To support the delivery and implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental strategy;
- Providing Health, Safety, & Environmental advice and training for employees;
- Maintaining a clear understanding of relevant industry standards and Health & Safety Executive best practice and communicating changes to the business area of responsibilities;
- Challenging the status quo and bringing fresh thinking on health and safety to influence positive outcomes;
- Regular engagement including visits to contracted sites and depots within the region to support Regional/Senior Management and lead the network of Health, Safety and Environment representatives, to facilitate participation and consultation;
- Supporting the businesses in complying with Health, Safety & Environment Management Systems;
- Collaborate with multi stakeholders, deliver results and anticipate and identify relevant issues which may arise;
- Liaise with and promote good relations with Health, Safety & Environment related external agencies and or industry associations;
- Assist in implementing and monitoring measures necessary to comply with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and Codes of Practice;
- Ensure the dissemination of all Health, Safety & Environment information and material where required;
- Respond to all requests for Health, Safety & Environment advise/guidance/information wherever appropriate and liaise between management and staff on all matters of Health, Safety & Environment to ensure consistent application and understanding of policies and procedures;
- To take an active and leading role in Health and Safety Committees, assisting the Chairperson as required, ensuring that information is issued timeously, and action points are addressed;
- Ensure all Incidents, accidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences reporting/investigation procedures are implemented, that appropriate reporting of all such incidents takes place and that any shortcomings in the procedure are brought to the attention of managers;
- Monitor accident/incident analyse trends and propose and/or take corrective action and make recommendations where appropriate;
- Developing, coordinating and contributing to corporate Health, Safety & Environment improvement programmes;
- Supporting regional depots with environmental initiatives such as waste and energy reduction, social value and community engagement;
- Providing ad-hoc support for corporate Health, Safety & Environment management led incident investigations.
- Minimum of 5yrs experience as a Health & Safety Advisor
- Fire Risk Assessment Qualification and/or Nebosh Fire & General Certificates
- Experience carrying out Fire Risk Assessments in complex buildings
- In depth knowledge of health and safety legislation and practice;
- Able to collect and analyse information and quickly grasp issues;
- Competence in site risk management and maintaining risk controls to a legally compliant standard;
- Competence in conducting health, safety, quality, environmental site audits;
- Well-developed communication skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent diplomacy and problem-resolution at all levels;
- Excellent problem-solving skills that swiftly identifies the root of any problem and develops an effective solution;
- Engage with the wider HSE community to build effective relationships, share best practice and support corporate initiatives
- Technical knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment disciplines with a NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent;
- Membership of relevant professional body such as IOSH, IIRSM & IEMA.
- Incident investigation;
- Experience in the development and delivery Health, Safety & Environment training;
- Identifying and managing Environmental risk & opportunities;