MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Regional Health & Safety Coordinator to work on a permanent basis for our manufacturing client. This role is based in Barry, Wales and reports into the Health & Safety Manager.
My Manufacturing client is a large family run company and has multiple sites across the UK & Europe. They have a diverse customer base throughout the world and are a market leader within their respective field.
The successful Regional Health & Safety Coordinator based in Barry, Wales will provide leadership and on-site support to develop and maintain a safe working environment for all employees, through the implementation of training and effective and efficient policies and procedures.
- Ensure site/s compliance against Group Health & Safety policy, though monitoring and conducting site audits.
- Ensure all Accidents and Incidents (where applicable) are investigated to establish root cause and identification and installation of sustainable preventative controls measures
- Manage the notification/ reporting of RIDDOR Accidents to the Health and Safety Executive via Health & Safety Manager
- Conduct and lead safety awareness/ alerts through toolbox talks, safety alerts etc.
- Develop and maintain site emergency teams, selection and maintenance of Fire Wardens and First Aiders for the sites, with all associated facilities
- Ensure that all sites have all relevant Risk Assessments and Method Statements/ Safe Systems of Work documented, with relevant controls implemented and maintained
- Drive continuous improvement through effective leadership of meetings and initiating and driving action plans to achieve or set industry best practice
- Offer practical and sustainable problem resolution to site leadership teams to ensure a safe working environment for all site users
- Develop an effective Health and Safety leadership team on site, including an effective team of Representatives of Employee Safety throughout the organisation
KEY EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of an SHE role within a Manufacturing, Engineering or Logistics organisation
- Comprehensive understanding of UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislative requirements
- Excellent person management and relationship skills, and be comfortable working effectively within a broad range of working environments, within a team or alone
- Ideally a qualified member of an appropriate recognised HSE professional body such as Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- A can-do & positive attitude
- NEBOSH Qualification
- Competitive Salary
- Expenses Allowance for travel