We are recruiting an attractive role for a Head of Sales within an international freight forwarding company. My client is privately owned and very successful. Their head office is in Bradford with furthers locations across the UK.
My client is a leading global transport, logistics and freight forwarding company, who are looking for a Head of Sales, who will be focused upon maintaining/improving existing relationships with key account customers and overseas partners. You will oversee and execute the sales strategy for the wider business.
As Head of Sales, you will be reporting directly into the Managing Director, based in Bradford and be part of their Senior Management team. You will have commercial responsibility to promote the business and also facilitate with major RFQ’s, whilst looking to improve the company position within the marketplace with a strong emphasis on European & Irish road-freight activity.
As Head of Sales, you must be able to work closely with other countries and partners to drive and deliver on commercial activity. For this pivotal role, you must have a minimum of 5 years sales leadership experience and a broad commercial understanding within logistics and freight forwarding, strongly preferable in Europe and Ireland. My client is looking for the following professional skills:
- Strong knowledge and sales experience within European road freight and or ocean freight markets.
- A proven and successful background within the Freight Forwarding industry in a sales development role
- Network within the industry and relevant fields, as well as experience of negotiation with partners and providers (haulage etc).
- Financial acumen and understanding of business drivers and ability to deliver profitable results.
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Able to set directions, priorities and goals; able to secure plans and organisation in order to realise and deliver ambitions and results.
- Engaged leadership with motivation as a key word, building efficient teams that work towards common goals.
- Strong organisation skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, and to establish own work schedule.
- Business driven, well-structured and target oriented.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
Apart from your professional skills, we are putting strong emphasis on your personal profile. We are looking for a skilled people manager and visible change leader who can create a sense of urgency, however, with a positive spirit and an ability to engage and motivate. Focus is on the following personal traits:
- Positive and with strong motivation for people and customers.
- Pragmatic and hands-on with a strong operational focus.
- Structured with ability to prioritise.
- Creative personality.
- Action and result oriented.
My client is offering a very attractive salary & wider benefits package