MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Head of Operations to work on a permanent basis for our Logistics Client. This role is based in Bellshill and reports into the Senior Regional Director.
My client is a UK leader in complex logistics by providing safe transportation across the UK.
The successful Head of Operations, based in Bellshill will be responsible for the entire regional operation and have financial accountability for the delivery of these operations & activities. You will also perform a client-facing role, ensuring business KPI’s are achieved and customer service levels and expectations are exceeded.
- Lead on performance and contract management of defined contract area
- Develop and manage key relationships internally and externally
- Analyse performance of areas of activity in relation to performance targets
- Develop strategies and business plans to ensure contractual delivery and support business growth
- Manage and mitigate risk across a variety of platforms
- Lead cross-functional teams in cost reduction initiatives to improve competitiveness
- Manage overall contract performance, within a secure environment, with regular site visits and performance reviews
- Continuous improvemet of all service levels
- Responsible for specific client relationship(s), with regular review of contract performance and proactive management of issues.
- Manage the operational team to deliver the contract expectations, contract KPI’s and overall performance objectives.
- Role model and displays outstanding attitude and behaviours.
- Extensive proven general/logistics operational management experience.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively, diplomatically and robustly at all levels of seniority and with a wide range of personalities
- Able to build meaningful relationships and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- An adaptive leader, people manager and coach
- Strong and well developed customer service ethos
- Handle emotive issues with sensitivity and confidentiality, whilst applying knowledge and judgement to informally resolve situations
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills at all levels to ensure effective impact
- Significant experience of working within a short lead time environment
- High levels of motivation, flexibility and the ability to work on own initiative.
- A focus on cost within a no failure environment.
- Commercial understanding to ensure robust senior leadership decision making
- A proven track record of leading a large geographically dispersed team.
- The ability to influence stakeholders, whilst driving change and operational improvement within a diverse business.
- Highly confident in challenging the status-quo to positively influence and support achievement of business objectives