MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Head of Finance on behalf of our logistics client. My client is a global leader in their respective field. The Head of Finance is based in Wakefield and reports to the MD.
The successful Head of Finance, based in Wakefield, will have full responsibility for all finance aspects of the company and will lead the UK Finance team. The Head of Finance is expected to take full ownership of the finance function and go through all existing processes and practices, with a view to optimise, modernise and align with group finance where relevant, an important part of this role is to be the strategic sparring partner for the MD.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- The Head of Finance position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- The role will be responsible for meeting month end closing deadlines, preparing monthly reports for the MD, as well as full year reporting of financial results for the company
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and assist in the implementation of strategic business plans
- Manage the capital request, forecasting and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures in liaison with HQ that support the company’s strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Manage the staff in accounting, controlling and treasury function; ensure the team is performing well and is motivated, develop skills and competencies where relevant
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with an emphasis on maximising a cost-effective benefits package
- Monitor the financial performance of the company
- Compile and analyse financial reporting packages
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Communicate financial reports and KPIs to management and the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Ensure compliance with law and company’s policies
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the corporate management and the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and forecasts
- Ensure cashflow is appropriate for the company’s operation
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance as a minimum, and a certified chartered accountant, either ACCA or CIMA. Ideally the candidate also has a master’s degree in accounting or business administration.
- Excellent Excel skills
- The role offers a very interesting and challenging opportunity to become an important part of a company on a tremendous growth journey. The role requires a highly motivated and tenacious finance professional, who is excited by the challenge to have a real impact on the future development of the company.
- The role requires a person with a strong background in finance and a proven record of running a finance team within a relevant industry.
- In order to succeed it is vital that you have excellent analytical, communication, and leadership skills, and a burning desire to make a real difference.
- For the right person, this is a fantastic opportunity to accelerate personal and professional growth by working for an internationally successful company that is growing its market share and presences.
- 5-10 days expected travel days per year/month in the position