An attractive role for a General Manager within an international freight forwarding company. My client is privately owned and very successful. Their head office is in Bradford with furthers locations across the UK.
My client is a leading global transport, logistics and freight forwarding company, who are looking for a strategic, international and highly commercial General Manager with a strong hands-on/operational experience.
As General Manager, you will be reporting directly into the Managing Director, based in Bradford and be part of their Senior Management team. You will have the responsibility for a wider team of approximately 50 employees. You will be in charge of strategic and operational activities in line with business plans and according to the company mission. As General Manager, you must be able to work closely with other countries and partners to align business, services & costs.
For this important role, you must have a minimum of 5 years leadership experience and a broad business understanding acquired from logistics and freight forwarding, strongly preferable in Europe. You will oversee the day to day running of all sites and we are looking for the following professional skills:
- Strong operational knowledge and experience within European road freight and or ocean freight markets.
- A proven and successful background within the Freight Forwarding industry
- Network within the industry and relevant fields, as well as experience of negotiation with partners and providers (haulage etc).
- Financial acumen and understanding of business drivers and ability to deliver profitable results.
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Able to set directions, priorities and goals; able to secure plans and organisation in order to realise and deliver ambitions and results.
- Engaged leadership with motivation as a key word, building efficient teams that work towards common goals.
- Strong organisation skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, and to establish own work schedule.
- Business driven, well-structured and target oriented.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
Apart from your professional skills, we are putting strong emphasis on your personal profile. We are looking for a skilled people manager and visible change leader who can create a sense of urgency, however, with a positive spirit and an ability to engage and motivate. Focus is on the following personal traits:
- Positive and with strong motivation for people and customers.
- Pragmatic and hands-on with a strong operational focus.
- Structured with ability to prioritise.
- Creative personality.
- Action and result oriented.
My client is offering a very attractive salary & wider benefits package