MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Night-shift First Line Manager on behalf of our Logistics client. My client is a global leader in their respective field. The Night-shift First Line Manager is based in Uddingston and reports into the Operations Manager.
The successful Night-shift First Line Manager, based in Uddingston will ensure all night operations run smoothly and efficiently, set up day operations.
The shift pattern for the Night-shift First Line Manager based in Uddingston is an 11pm start and an 8.30am finish.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for Night-shift First Line Manager:
- Oversee night operations and deal with any issues that arise
- Work with night planner to ensure routes are planned as efficiently as possible whilst also maximising revenue
- Cover for night planner when required
- Tranship and preload required vehicles throughout night
- Speak to colleagues, drivers and central hub throughout the night as required.
- Monitor / push trunking operation to hub and deal with any issues that arise.
- Assist with traffic related admin tasks throughout night
- Monitor & Update relevant systems throughout night
- Report any accidents / incidents to the Operations Manager
- Promote good practice
- You must comply with and promote all health and safety rules and regulations regarding the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- Undertake such other duties that are required from time to time commensurate with this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences for Night-shift First Line Manager:
- Health & Safety conscious
- Previous high volume traffic planning experience essential
- Previous supervisory / management experience essential
- Must have detailed geographical knowledge of central belt Scotland
- Strong, confident, outgoing personality
- Able to work to deadlines
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Must have minimum of 1 year’s counterbalance forklift experience
- Have a flexible attitude toward working hours
- Must be proficient in Microsoft packages
- Good administration skills
- Good IT skills
Class 1 licence would be advantageous but not essential