An attractive role for a European Road Freight Director with a global leading transport & logistics service provider.
Are you an experienced, internationally oriented road transport professional with strong leadership skills and a commercial mindset? Are you passionate about managing change for growth? Would you like to be in charge of strategic and operational activities spearheading an ambitious team using your great talent for creating a positive and inspiring working environment?
If so, we may have the perfect job for you!
My client is a leading global transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with an ambitious growth strategy with a wish to grow both organically and through acquisitions in the countries where the group is already present. The UK market position is an important focus area that my client wishes to strengthen and and the business area of Road is central to the overall business. Therefore, we are looking for a strategic, international and highly commercial profile with a strong hands-on/operational experience and attitude, who can contribute to a growth journey.
As European Road Freight Director, you will be reporting directly to CEO and be part of the UK Senior Management team. You will have the responsibility for a 5 Managers and a team of approximately 60 employees based in head office. You will be in charge of strategic and operational activities in line with business and growth plans and according to the company mission. As Road Director, you must be able to work in a global company, drive cooperation and create synergies across the business to deliver improved top and bottom-line growth, working closely with other countries and partners to align business, services & costs.
For this important role, you must have a minimum of 5 years leadership experience and a broad business understanding acquired from logistics and international road transport, strongly preferable in Europe. Furthermore, we are looking for the following professional skills:
- Strong operational knowledge.
- Network within the industry and relevant fields, as well as experience of negotiation with partners and providers (haulage etc).
- Financial acumen and understanding of business drivers and ability to deliver profitable results.
- Able to set directions, priorities and goals; able to secure plans and organisation in order to realise and deliver ambitions and results.
- Engaged leadership with motivation as a key word, building efficient teams that work towards common goals.
- Strong organisation skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, and to establish own work schedule.
- Business driven, well-structured and target oriented.
- Experienced in working with complex RFQ’s, designing the set-up proposal, including pricing.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
Apart from your professional skills, we are putting strong emphasis on your personal profile. We are looking for a skilled people manager and visible change leader who can create a sense of urgency, however, with a positive spirit and an ability to engage and motivate. Focus is on the following personal traits:
- Positive and with strong motivation for people and customers.
- Pragmatic and hands-on with a strong operational focus.
- Structured with ability to prioritise.
- Creative personality.
- Action and result oriented.
My client is offering
- Full ownership of Road/ Warehouse/Customs Division
- A positive and busy working environment, motivated colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
- An exciting and open workplace and freedom with responsibility.
- An international environment.
- A competitive salary.
Being the right person, you will have good opportunities for personal and professional development.