MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Group ESG & Sustainability Manager on behalf of our global manufacturing client, based in Rochdale. My client is a global leader in their respective field, operating in a fast paced environment, servicing multiple industries and are passionate about their approach to sustainability.
The ESG & Sustainability Manager based in Rochdale will be implementing, embedding, and sustaining the sustainability strategy across all product lines
- Periodic review and update of the Group’s sustainability strategy ensuring alignment with the Company operating model and priorities
- Align the Company’s corporate strategy with respect to ESG matters
- Further develop sustainability strategy, implement adoption and communicate with senior management and other key stakeholders;
- Contribute to governance bodies across the business, supporting taskforces and representing, as required, sustainability within Group major change committees
- Oversee compliance with statutory reporting obligations, facilitating report consolidation, including but not limited to the Group’s Annual Report and Accounts/ESG, Annual Sustainability Report
- Consider and bring to the attention of the Executive Committee, current and emerging ESG Matters that may affect the business, operations, performance, or public image of the Company
- Evaluation of sustainability KPIs for continued strategic relevance and determining the near-, mid- and long-term KPI targets that enable delivery of our sustainability priorities across all key business functions
- Monitor Group sustainability performance, making recommendations for adjustments where necessary to deliver against targets
- Monitor changes in policy and regulation, assess what that means to the Group and bring insight back into the company, plan accordingly
- Provide all necessary support to deliver on our sustainability commitments and increase the presence of sustainability and ESG factors on our corporate agenda.
- Be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
The ESG & Sustainability Manager based in Rochdale will possess the following;
- Work experience in ESG/sustainability ideally within a manufacturing environment managing or leading corporate sustainability/ESG or corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs
- Relevant degree/qualification in ESG, CSR or a related discipline is preferred
- Experience in a management role with leadership, advisory and hands-on capacity
- Proven experience delivering and communication at board/senior level
- Effective and proven negotiator on complex agreements
- Proven experience in developing strategies, metrics, goals, and action plans to advance corporate approaches in sustainability
- Experience in change management and project management, highly alert to changing situations
- Proven experience in developing strategies, metrics, goals, and action plans to advance corporate approaches in sustainability.
- Strong analytic skills with attention to details and technicalities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and conceptual skills
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills