MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an Equipment Technician on behalf of our manufacturing client. My client is a global leader in their respective field. This Equipment Technician is based in Greenock and reports into the Equipment Shift Leader.
My client is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality applications to several different markets such as computers, automotive, electronics and more.
The successful Equipment Technician, based in Greenock will provide support to the production group for the installation and maintenance of processing equipment to achieve departmental goals with respect to output, yield, cost and quality.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Equipment engineering support for fabrication and associated activities.
- Undertake equipment maintenance (preventative, predictive and breakdown) for processing equipment.
- Instigate and apply improvements to impact output, yield, cost, and quality.
- Support continuous improvement activities aimed at better equipment performance.
- Ensure all work is carried out paying proper attention to current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Responsible for carrying out routine maintenance and minor repairs effectively and safely to improve tool availability and maximise cycle time
- Will have a professional approach to online priorities, working with Shift Manager and Equipment Engineering as required
- During the process of carrying out PM’s you are responsible for to reduce the number of fails and improve the tool availability
- Able to demonstrate good problem-solving methodology to correct and prevent equipment faults, e.g., knowledge of Why-Why Analysis, Difference Analysis, etc.
- Provide written updates via SAP work orders and timely communication to the Shift Maintenance Manager for shift reports.
- Ideally applicants will be time served with a minimum HNC in Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is required. Relevant training will be provided.
Standard Working Hours:
- 12-hour rotating shift pattern (2 weeks 7am – 7pm & 2 weeks 7pm – 7am)
- Averaging 42 hours per week with a 31% shift allowance
- Annual holiday entitlement will be 24 days.
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- On-site Gym facility
- Ride to work scheme
- Holiday Purchase