MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an Equipment Engineer on behalf of our manufacturing client. My client is a global leader in their respective field. The Equipment Engineer is based in Greenock and reports into the Engineering Manager.
My client is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality electrical applications to several different markets such as computers, automotive, electronics and more.
The successful Equipment Engineer, based in Greenock will be required to be technically competent and able to apply sound Engineering fundamentals to support Fab Semiconductor Equipment toolsets. You must have experience in semiconductor/ electronics industry/ cleanroom environment You will also be responsible for developing innovative solutions to complex process and equipment problems and required to work with colleagues from different departments, for example, IT and Process Engineering and collaborate with them to help the site achieve its goals.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Control and management of continuous improvement within functional areas.
- Ensure delivery of toolset required and drive programs to deliver and meet this target.
- Deliver cost reduction programs to meet targets.
- Deliver fail reduction programs through root cause failure analysis.
- Define, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of Preventative Maintenance programs on equipment toolsets.
- Drive and foster quality-driven technically sound solutions.
- Apply knowledge and expertise gained to creatively solve difficult and challenging problems.
- Modify existing equipment, procedures, or methods to develop solutions.
- Independently determine the best approach to solve problems.
- Plan and monitor effective development and implementation of projects.
- Communicate with others to coordinate a broad range of activities.
- Liaise with other departments/ external vendors to coordinate the installation of tools.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Degree level in an Engineering discipline is preferred, but applicants with HNC or equivalent relevant experience who are willing to work towards a degree will be considered.
- Must have experience in semiconductor/ electronics industry/ cleanroom environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results