MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Equipment Engineer on behalf of our global manufacturing client. My client is a global leader in their respective field of high-quality electronic devices. The Equipment Engineer will be based in Greenock and will be reporting into Equipment Engineering Section Manager.
My client is a manufacturer and supplier of parts and devices which serve multiple markets such as computers, automotive, electronics and much more.
The successful Equipment Engineer will be working in a fast-paced environment and you will provide support to the production group for the installation and maintenance of equipment in order to achieve departmental goals with respect to output, yield, cost and quality.
Key areas of responsibilities;
- Equipment engineering support for production facility and associated activities.
- Undertake equipment maintenance (preventative, predictive and breakdown) for processing equipment.
- Instigate and apply improvements to impact output, yield, cost and quality.
- Initiate and support continuous improvement activities aimed at better equipment performance.
- Define and implement tool maintenance schedules and procedures
- Liaise with suppliers ensuring best possible support for tool sets
- Perform maintenance task risk assessments
- Provide training for other members of the team
- Ensure all work is carried out paying proper attention to current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Be a member of the site Emergency Response Team
Preferably you will have experience in a cleanroom/wafer fab environment, pharma or High-Tech. A degree level in an Engineering discipline is preferred, but my client will consider applicants with HNC or equivalent relevant experience.
- Ability to specify & write equipment specifications
- Ability to understand & modify technical diagrams
- Good technical ability in all disciplines (electrical, electronic, mechanical, vacuum)
- Good electronic / electrical diagnostic skills
- Ability to identify complex technical problems and provide permanent solutions.
- Expert on several equipment types within area of responsibility
- Good level of decision making on technical and procedural issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivation with a positive attitude to work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good level of problem solving skills
- A proactive approach to technical issues & ability to apply advanced data collection and analysis techniques