MRD Recruitment is actively looking for an Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator to work on a permanent basis for our manufacturing client. This role is based in Greenock and reports into the EHS Manager.
My client is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality products across multiple industries all over the world.
The successful Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator, based in Greenock will assist the company in achieving its business objectives and targets by being responsible for the implementation, development, and continual improvement in the company’s Environmental, Health & Safety management processes.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability’s:
- Ensure adherence to EHS policies and procedures and help to establish new policies and procedures or guidelines to comply with UK legislation
- Assist in developing the EHS recording and reporting system processes and procedures to ensure the systems is consistent, efficient and effective
- Analyse the impact of existing and future legislative that are applicable to the site and communicate appropriate changes to management and track progress
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the EHS incident management system
- Ensuring that incident reports held on the EHS recording and reporting system are complete and accurate
- Ensuring that the observations and non-conformance’s identified are tracked and appropriate action taken
- Ensuring the EHS systems comply with legislation and corporate requirements
- Developing and implementing continuous improvement within HSE management systems and EHS plans throughout the site
- Establish environmental objectives and improvement plans, while maintaining effective compliance with environmental management system, ISO14001
- Working alongside EHS Manager & other team members, with regulatory bodies, reporting to them when an accident & incident investigation are being undertaken.
- Review and Develop aspects register and risk assessments on site, also ensuring all staff are suitable trained for tasks being carried out
- Assisting in the maintaining of COSHH documentation as required
- Carry out regular EHS inspections, promote staff to report near miss & hazards within the workplace and ensure actions are closed out from reports.
- Training of all employees in EHS including the delivery of induction and manual handling training and arranging courses in other aspects of EHS with follow up coaching
- Writing and updating of procedures and safe systems of work
- Maintain the Pollution Prevention Control (PPC) permit for the site, execute necessary monitoring of effluents and air emissions and data reporting to agencies
- Maintain and develop an effective waste management program
- Environmental management qualification
- NEBOSH General Certificate or demonstrable experience
- Internal auditing certificate to OSHAS 18001, ISO45001 and ISO14001 standard (or equivalent).
- Good knowledge of Environmental Health & Safety management systems, particularly ISO14001 & ISO45001
- Good knowledge of Environmental & Health & Safety legislation
- Great interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills