MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Co-ordinator on behalf of our manufacturing client. My client is a global leader in their respective field. The EHS Co-ordinator will be part of the EHS Team, based in Greenock, and report to the EHS Manager.
My client is a leading global manufacturer within the hi-tech and electronics sector.
The successful EHS Co-ordinator, based in Greenock, will provide and support effective compliance and communication on EHS-related issues within the company. Environmental compliance is the key objective. The role will assist the company in achieving its business objectives and targets by being responsible for the implementation, development, and continual improvement of the company’s EHS management processes.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maintain the Pollution Prevention Control (PPC) permit for the site, execute necessary monitoring of effluents and air emissions and data reporting to agencies
- Establish environmental objectives and improvement plans, while maintaining effective compliance with the environmental management system
- Maintain and develop an effective waste management program
- Ensure adherence to EHS policies and procedures and help to establish new policies and procedures or guidelines to comply with UK legislation and company standards
- Assist in developing the EHS recording and reporting system processes and procedures to ensure the systems is consistent, efficient and effective
- Analyze the impact of existing and future legislation applicable to the site and communicate appropriate changes to management and track progress
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the EHS incident management system
- Ensuring that incident reports held on the EHS recording and reporting system are complete and accurate
- Ensuring that the observations and non-conformances are identified are tracked and appropriate action taken
- Ensuring the EHS systems comply with legislation and corporate requirements
- Developing and implementing continuous improvement within EHS management systems and EHS plans throughout the site
- Working alongside UK EHS team members, under the direction of the UK EHS Manager, with regulatory bodies, reporting to them when an accident & incident investigation is being undertaken.
- Review and Develop aspects register and risk assessments on site, also ensuring all staff are suitably trained for tasks being carried out
- Assisting in the maintaining of COSHH documentation as required
- Carry out regular EHS inspections, promote staff to report Accidents, near miss & hazards within the workplace and ensure actions are closed out from reports.
- Training of all employees in EHS including the delivery of induction, other safety specific training and arranging courses in other aspects of EHS with follow up coaching
- Writing and updating of procedures and safe systems of work
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Individual must have Environmental management qualification, preferably a NEBOSH General Certificate
- Good knowledge of EHS management systems, particularly ISO14001 & ISO45001
- Good knowledge of Environmental & Health & Safety legislation
- Great interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to and implement change.
- Previous experience of producing statistical & business reports, excellent IT skills especially in the use of Excel, and strong communication skills with the ability to work independently and a willingness to learn new skills / take on new challenges
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivation with a positive attitude to work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High levels of self-motivation and flexibility
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to develop strong relationships
- Highly organized approach, accurate with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical skills
- Competent PC skills
- Competencies in line with the Company’s core values
- Internal auditing certificate to OSHAS 18001, ISO45001 and ISO14001 standard (or equivalent).
- Experience in working with Oracle and Quality Workbench (or similar systems)
- Previous experience in Team managing, reporting consolidation, support function