MRD Recruitment is actively looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to work on a permanent basis for their global client. This role is based in Dunfermline, Fife and reports into their Site Manager.
My client is a global company, with a diverse customer base throughout the world and a market leader within their respective field. Their philosophy and winning approach, which is built around exceptional quality, features ground-breaking innovation and unrivalled reliability.
The successful Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for the research and design of a company’s new products and systems. They perform various tasks in an engineering department including drafting blueprints, creating test prototypes, and overseeing the manufacturing process.
- Degree/HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experienced electrical design engineer from any design and development background
- Control systems experience highly advantageous, but all relevant experience considered
- Knowledge of electrical systems to ensure compliance with regards wiring regulations, HSE Guidance, ATEX, etc
- Good understanding of relevant legislation, standards and be aware of statutory requirements in connection with electrical installation
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards / quality requirements.
- Project management concepts – Scheduling, meeting deadlines, producing reports, scope of works based on customer requirements, concept & detailed drawings, project life cycle experience (concept through detail to construction support and as built documentation).
- Support effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets together with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Generation of AutoCAD Drawings & reading schematics for weighing control systems
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to follow/interpret/explain technical instructions
- To develop innovative engineering solutions to meet product development requirements in line with company standards and objectives.
- To promote production engineering and manufacturing solutions and their implementation to improve output and enhance the products.
- Studying design briefs, thinking of possible design solutions
- In-house design and technical support roles for all areas of engineering and production.
- To provide hands-on engineering support with the ability to organise/coordinate staff.
- Assessing the usability, environmental impact and H&S of designs by modifying and retesting them
- Good practical engineering skills with previous working knowledge of MRP systems and specifically BOM’s.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- A good team player and be able to demonstrate reliability, flexibility and initiative.
- Previous knowledge of the weighing industry would be an advantage.