MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Depot Manager to work on a permanent basis for our Logistics Client. This role is based in Sandwell and reports into the Operations Manager.
The successful Depot Manager based in Sandwell, will manage the hub operation in Sandwell and will be directly responsible for Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery and People performance
Job Requirements for Depot Manager, based in Sandwell:
- Single point responsibility for achieving on target performance of the Depot:
- Safety performance and culture: Maintain a safe working environment and assure compliance with all safety rules. Improve and sustain housekeeping, perform risk assessments and support with continuous improvement activities.
- Support the SHEQ Team and depot safety champions with all Safety related activities.
- Quality: Monitoring of all PDI’s ensuring good quality products are available and delivered within the required timescales. Damage control of returned products ensuring all damages are captured, reported via the correct process and charged-out to the customer.
- Cost: Review depot performance against budget targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and initiate remedial action to correct adverse variances and enhance income.
- Delivery: Ensure all products are delivered on-time and in full. Plan workloads effectively and provide direction for all colleagues. Ensure all stock requirements are met in conjunction with the Operations and Transport Team. Provide de-briefs with drivers to support with loading, defect rectification and general problem solving.
- People: Lead, develop and manage the team. Challenge poor behaviour in the right way and provide regular performance feedback to the team. Maintain a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Develop internal relationships to leverage support and expertise from transversal functions:
- Hire Desk
- Health and Safety
- Site Services
- Asset Management in line with weekly stock checks and all depot stock transfers
- Daily liaison with the Hire Desk & Service team to provide commercially led business solutions and deliver world class customer service levels.
- Identify operational issues and offer support and solutions within own depot and across the business.
- Support and develop the implementation of new processes and projects within the overall business.