Do you have experience of working within a Customer Services environment? Ideally at Team Lead//Managerial level?
MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Customer Services Team Lead to work on a permanent basis for our Customer Services client on a Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm basis. This role is based in Halifax, however, offers flexible working and reports into their Customer Services Manager.
The successful Customer Services Team Lead based in Halifax will be responsible for managing the team on a day-to-day basis, monitoring performance, and providing feedback. They will also ensure that the team is effective in delivering a quality service to customers as well as demonstrating the best claims handling service to target levels.
Key Responsibilities for the Customer Services Team Lead:
- Understanding and championing the values utilising Objectives and KPI’s and the 1-1 process to monitor performance, give constructive feedback, and develop individuals’ skills and knowledge in a consistent and fair format.
- Supporting all new starters during their initial weeks with the team, setting clear objectives and monitoring progress
- Conducting regular reviews with each team member to monitor progress of personal development objectives.
- Creating unique Personal Development Plans for each team member, that are tailored to improve skills, knowledge, individual capability, and behaviours.
- Mentoring and coaching team members to develop skills and knowledge, encouraging learning and development opportunities to build capability within the team.
- Ensuring the team is aligned to the Company vision and understands the part they play in achieving the overall objectives.
- Conducting regular team meetings clearly communicating team, department and company updates, review of performance and business critical information
Key Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- A minimum of 2 years working as a Team Lead within a customer service environment.
- Experience in a customer focused environment
- Claims handling knowledge would be advantageous.
- Ideally some experience of leading a team.
- Clear evidence of working in a fast paced, busy environment.
- Growing and developing team members through coaching and providing development opportunities and experience
- Good commercial acumen and approach
- Strong teamwork ethic yet with the individual drive and focus to manage independently when needed.
- Evidence of relationship building skills, negotiations and influencing skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong and assertive communications skills
- Awareness of the FCA regime
- Flexible and able to cope with changing business priorities.