MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Customer Services Coordinator for our global manufacturing client. This is for a 12-month fixed term contract and based in Grangemouth, reporting into their Customer Services Manager.
The successful Customer Services Coordinator will work between their Grangemouth office and home based. You will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of customer orders are processed in a timely and accurate manner. Through your organisational and relationship building skills, you will deliver excellent end-to-end customer service, engaging effectively with both internal and external customers.
The Customer Services Coordinator role will include sourcing road, sea and air freight as required within global markets ensuring safety and compliance for both imports of raw materials and exports of finished goods
Key Responsibilities include.
- Overseeing the life cycle of orders from receipt through to safe and compliant delivery
- Working closely with Planning, manufacturing, logistics and transport providers to ensure the orders arrive OTIF and communicating any challenges to internal and external customers.
- Maintaining customer master data and customer pricing within SAP and the issuing of invoices ensuring shipping costs are calculated accurately and passed onto the customer or appropriate cost centre.
- Coordinate dispatch of all sample requirements across the business including new business opportunities, product development as well as for established business by liaising with key stakeholders
- Support the standardisation of the sample processes to ensure all samples are to the same high standard in all aspects
- Process orders and invoices
- Liaise with Production Planners to establish Supply lines, product build requirements and planned stock availability dates based on material and manufacturing capacity availability, matching the order or forecast order requirements
- Negotiate rates with suppliers such as Freight forwarders
- Compile the necessary national, EU and international shipping and dispatch documentation to meet the appropriate import/export requirements as applied by each world region, Customer and the Transport to be used
- Ensure relevant KPI reports are completed and acted upon
The job roles involves 4 principle tasks: End-to-end Order Processing, Sourcing and arranging transport, Administering compliant documentation for both imported and exported goods; Monitor and record KPI measures assuming ownership for driving continuous improvement of the key processes
End-to-end Order Processing
– To enter all customer (internal and external) orders onto SAP ensuring order processing accuracy
– Work with Production Planners to ensure planned stock availability dates
– Creation and issuing of invoicing with correct pricing and within agreed credit terms
– Coordinating sampling requests and shipment
Sourcing and arranging transport
– Decide on the preference for freight movements and meet savings objectives to achieve the best and most efficient route to market
Administering compliant documentation for both imported and exported goods
- to comply with any necessary regulations or compliance requirements (such as Dangerous Goods requirements, or Government Security Classified (GSC) goods are correctly handled through an approved courier)
- Manage any Customs Special Procedures, Reliefs granted by HMRC (IPR) or applications for schemes and guarantees as required
- Participate in the annual DGSA
Monitor and record KPI measures assuming ownership for driving continuous improvement of the key processes – Continual Improvement
- To compile Statistical reports based on order fulfilment and On Timed Delivery
- Track supplier and inbound freight forwarder’s performance
- Track freight spending
- Build and sustain a strong supplier-distributor relationship
- Participate in the review all current activities and processes within the customer service and logistics function and implement corrective actions identified to close gaps, enabling the customer service and logistics function to deliver time and cost effective solutions
- Ensure work environment is compliant with all aspects of corporate and legal laws and regulations
KEY EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Understanding of Transport regulations, Export/Import policies desirable.
- You must be able to demonstrate a methodical yet flexible approach to Logistics/Material Management.
- Having a ‘can do’ attitude and friendly approach to change is critical.
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service is essential.
- Willingness to study and achieve logistics certification as identified by the Supply Chain Manager
- SAP experience, particularly in maintaining Customer masters and material movement
- Transport planning particularly within import/export. Cargo Training Certification (Road, Sea and Air)
- Dangerous Goods Safety Knowledge would be advantageous
- Solid Customer Service experience particularly around processing orders and invoicing
- Focused on customer needs and business targeted metrics
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work collaboratively across functions
- Proactive, positive individual with a sense of ownership
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast paced environment
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Calm & decisive when working under pressure