MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Compliance Maintenance Engineer on behalf of our manufacturing client. My client is a market leader in their respective field. The Compliance Maintenance Engineer is based in Livingston and reports to the Engineering Manager.
The successful Compliance Maintenance Engineer, based in Livingston, will maintain and inspect a wide range of equipment through a structured planned maintenance regime and using your own initiative work to achieve maximum asset uptime and ensure the integrity and safety of equipment. They will work on projects ensuring they are taken from initial concept through to satisfactory completion.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for self-compliance with Health & Safety, Environmental, Legal and Quality systems on site
- Ensure equipment is specified, maintained and compliant.
- Ensure any accidents are reported in a timely manor
- Fully conversant with the site Emergency plans
- Take an active role in the engineering sustainment of the 5s programme for the workshop and engineering areas
- Play and active role in the delivery of a robust planned maintenance regime for each and all assets within your area and making sure there is completion of these tasks on time and in full to an acceptable standard and feedback of any areas for improvement
- Take an active role in any machinery or equipment intervention work including site services equipment.
- Prioritise the day to day reaction issues with support from the Vatting Team Leader.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the highest standard, and fully completed on time.
- Actively monitor engineering supplies and identify critical spares for key assets in your areas of responsibility.
- Support and drive engineering improvements.
- Take part in root cause analysis into machinery failures to improve asset uptime on site and feedback any improvements on the planned maintenance regimes that are in place to the Maintenance Planner
- Support local improvement projects.
- Ensure compliance is maintained and best practise work is carried out.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Time served Maintenance Engineer (HNC/HND/Degree)
- Fault finding/Diagnostic skills are key
- Experience of pump maintenance and pipework systems within a flammable atmosphere.
- Working knowledge of P&ID’s and technical drawings.
- Experience of managing inspection and maintenance of equipment.
- Experience of DSEAR / ATEX legislation.
- Knowledge of CMMS and delivery of planned maintenance regimes
- Knowledge of PLCs, AC drives, Servo drives, Robotics and Line Automation within the FMCG industry is desirable
- Demonstrate confident communication and organisational skills