MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Commodity Buyer to work on a permanent basis for our well-renowned engineering client. You will be based in Aldershot. The successful Commodity Buyer will directly report to the Procurement Manager
My client is the leading engineering company in the UK within their respective field.
The successful Commodity Manager, based in Aldershot, will be responsible for overall commodity ownership of a pre-determined set of commodities, cost reduction projects, and supplier performance management.
- Commodity ownership for a defined group of commodities
- Creating commodity strategies in line with business objectives
- Developing and utilising supply market intelligence for commercial gain
- Maximising supplier competition and collaboration opportunities as appropriate
- Design, issue and collate RFQ’s and tenders as appropriate
- Identify value improvement opportunities and deliver target cost reductions
- Supplier commercial negotiations for defined commodities
- Monitoring commodity price movements and maximise company cost opportunities
- Developing risk management strategies for specific commodities
- Maintaining and developing relationships with all key stakeholders
- Ensuring effective management of key supplier performance through scorecards
- Identifying, introducing and developing new suppliers for commercial gain
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of procurement and commodity management – including sourcing, commercial negotiation, supplier management and global sourcing is required
- Excellent commercial & business acumen
- Excellent supplier relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to convince others and influence outcomes.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to plan activities, meet assigned schedules and achieve planned targets and objectives.
- 3 years in a similar role
- The candidate should preferably have a professional qualification in Purchasing or Supply (such as CIPS) or a relevant business degree