MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Buyer to work on a permanent basis for our Logistics Client. This role is hybrid remote, which only requires minimal days per month on site. The successful Buyer will report into the Procurement Business Partner.
The successful Buyer based in Scotland will be responsible for the delivery of quality goods and services within the required timelines, whilst demonstrating value for money and satisfying all regulatory compliance obligations. My Logistics client is looking for a Buyer who is passionate about negotiations and is driven by cost reductions.
- Reviewing requests received for goods and services from Requisitioners.
- Conduct material availability checks against existing inventory to determine if demand can be met in-house.
- Where existing inventory is not available, commence supply chain sourcing including review of existing Contracts and Frameworks to determine suitable supplier(s).
- Determine pricing through contract pricing schedules, supplier catalogues or supplier quotations and confirm lead times and other related information.
- Identify items where lead-times do not meet the required delivery dates and inform the Requisitioner and other relevant parties and where required source alternatives that meet all criteria.
- Consolidate orders to ensure minimisation of packaging and transport costs.
- Work effectively with various teams to ensure the replenishment of inventory in line with their requirements.
- Liaise with other Buyers, to transfer International Orders and provide cover where required.
- Where sourcing from a new supplier for the first time, action as per the New Supplier On-boarding process.
- Subject to approval from the Requisitioner and other required approvers, place Purchase Orders.
- Manage Open Orders, including expediting suppliers and flag any at risk delivery dates with the appropriate team.
- Progress orders until delivery is complete.
- Liaise with appropriate Contract Manager to provide feedback on supplier performance.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Excellent purchasing experience across a range of categories, including working closely with suppliers.
- Experience of the full P2P cycle and working knowledge of Inventory Software.
- Good negotiation skills, across all commercial aspects of purchasing.
- Excellent data analysis abilities and software skills, including Microsoft Excel, proficient with Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Power BI.
- Experience in a technical or engineering background.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Willingness to undertake training and continuing professional development.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Working in a collaborative environment.
- Working with and maintaining effective systems and processes.
- Creating and maintaining management information, including Dashboards.
- Co-ordinating meetings with key stakeholders.
- Supporting staff across different, disparate, locations.